Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Owl Print (Rough Draft)

The past few years I have been placing owl things around my home; due to the current "owl fad" this has made it easier.  But I am also now incorporating owls into my art.  I am doing this out of a sense of homesickness.  My Dad collected owl figurines since before I was born.  My sisters and I would always get him owls as presents (from all over the world too).  His collection is vast and every time I would visit him at work when I was little I would be fascinated with the world of owls adorning his desk, shelves, cabinets, walls, and even on his door.  I can not think about my Dad without thinking about owls, so having owls in my home and in my art, makes me feel closer to my parents even though we live so far apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment